Team in Training Infomation Video

Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 9th - First Group Training

Today was the first group training!! We met at 7am at Forest Park and began with an injury prevention clinic. Basically, he just showed us some stretches and simple at-home treatments for common injuries. The guy leading it is actually 2 trimesters ahead of me in school so I'm sure I'll run into him on campus.

Now onto the running: I was scheduled to run 1 mile. I ran pretty much the entire first half mile, which is more than I've ever ran!!! Then walk/jogged the second half mile. It was really great to have a girl by my side that was struggling just like I was. We would point out trees and say, "we just have to make it there" but once there, we'd point out another landmark. It was really great! I'm still in shock with how long I actually jogged. I was done in a little under 20 minutes. I probably could have walked it faster. But I need to get used to the jogging pattern, even if it is slower than walking.

Today got me really excited about training. It showed me that you really can do more than you think you can if you put your mind to it! I'm very excited to start jogging more and increase the mileage. This is going to be a great summer!

(Show your support by sending a donation! - Link to your left!)

No comments:

Post a Comment