Team in Training Infomation Video

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27th

I'm dripping with sweat. I'm writing this as soon as I got in the door so I can remember how my 2 miles went exactly. And I did it on the treadmill because it's nasty out and my confidence in running diminished a bit since I took the whole holiday weekend off. I was building up the 2 miles (instead of the 1 mile as I was doing) to be a bigger task than it probably was. Granted, it was very hard. Here's how I managed:

8 minutes - 4.5 mph (running [it seemed to me])
3 minutes - 3.5 mph (walk)
4 minutes - 4.0 mph (jog)
9 minutes - 3.5 mph (walk)
7 min 12 sec - 4.0 mph (jog)
Total time: 31:12

Around 4 minutes in, my right side started cramping up so I pushed through the 8 minutes with was around 0.5 mile, then I gave into the pain and tried to walk it off for a bit. Back to jogging after 3 minutes but it only got worse and it felt like my whole diaphragm was contracting. I tried to make mind over matter and just say that I can work through it, but I succumbed. I decided to walk until it went away so I could jog again without pain. I walked until 1.5 miles. Then I pushed through the last half mile. Oh yeah, so I was listening to Spring Awakening and right about 1.7 miles, the song "I Believe" came on! It was perfect timing! Most of the song is just the chant of "I believe". I needed that so that I could believe I could finished the last little bit of my total 2 miles. So I walked 12 minutes and jogged 19 minutes. Not too bad I guess. I've got to stop discouraging myself in my head. I am so worried about the fundraising and then trying to get my body to do something it's never done. For never participating in sports (except t-ball in 1st grade), I think I've come so far, but there's so much more to go!

Please use the box to the left if you have any comments that you'd like to send me! It doesn't register your email address or anything so don't worry about spam. It simply sends your comment to me directly via email. I'd love to hear from any Team in Training people that may have been here before. Well, frankly, I'd like to hear from everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl!!! I know you can do it! Trust me it will definitely get easier for you, its an up hill battle. Listen to your body, you dont need injuries!! I know you will make your goal remember only think positive things :P Teran

    ReplyDelete