Team in Training Infomation Video

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12th - My first full mile!

I can't believe I just jogged my first full mile!!!!!! I used the treadmill at my apartment gym with no incline. I started at 4.0 mpg for the first half mile, then 3.7 - 5.0 for the other half. When I got to about 0.75 miles, I realized that I might be able to make it under 15 minutes, but ended up doing the whole mile in 15:12.

This is the first time that I've actually been able to judge and account for how far and fast I went. Now I know that I can continually jog for at least 15 minutes! I just can't believe it. For so long, I was always so tired, out of breath, and muscles fatigued, that I barely made it 0.25 mile. This is such a shocker and a confidence boost. I'd like to attribute a small amount of my success today to my new shoes from Big River Running:

Also, today was the first day of school. :( One of my professors mentioned that around this time of our education (just passed halfway), a lot of students experience a burn out. It was great for him to remind us of the new students having their orientation in the next building. He reminded us of all the enthusiasm that they have right now. This trimester also marks a big change in the way that we look at things. We have mostly clinical classes; we have the knowledge and now need to apply it. It seems like it's going to be a lot of critical thinking and you can't just wing that from cramming the night before.

I'm hoping that this seemingly new-found ability to run will be a great stress reliever, although the fundraising aspect is more of a stress-causer. (Yeah, I think I just made up some words.) Regardless, this is going to be one crazy summer!

But hoooooooray for making it completely through a whole mile!

(Donate $1 for my first 1 mile success to show your support!)

No comments:

Post a Comment