Team in Training Infomation Video

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19th

Today, I went for a run around our track at school after my last class. The track is 0.25 mile. I went around it 4 full times!!!! Without stopping! YAY! That's my first FULL mile outside. Granted, it's fairly flat with a little bit of an incline, but I managed. I'm having some issues with my calf muscles and feet now. The inside of my arch and leg above my ankle is getting really sore after running, even though I ice it immediately afterward. I'm probably going to add some arch supports to my running shoes and make sure that I get my feet adjusted regularly. I think that will help my feet pain, but I'm still working on a resolution to my calves. I think it's that my muscles are strong enough yet to sustain the exercise but I don't really know exercises for the soleus muscle (which I'm pretty sure it is, not the grastrocneimus). One of my professors mentioned that I could have a repetitive sprain/strain to my posterior tibial tendon which kind of runs along the area that I've got pain. But there's not a whole lot to do that I'm not already doing. Just make sure that I have enough rest between runs. If you guys have any experience with problems like this, please shoot me an email with your solutions (cindy.almon@logan.edu). That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment