Team in Training Infomation Video

Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 7th

Wow...I'm hurtin'. I just got back from going 3 miles on the treadmill. Overall, I think the time I was on the treadmill went well, but once I stopped, whoa did the pain start! And I've officially learned that I need "running" socks and not cotton ones. Looks like my feet sweat this time with all the exertion and I've got blisters developing on my arches on each foot. Strange place for blisters, but that's where I've got 'em. Anyway, so here's the breakdown of tonight's run:

5 min - 4.5 mph @ 0.5 incline
2 min - 3.5 mph
5 min - 4.4 mph
2 min - 3.5 mph
5 min - 4.3 mph 14:28 = 1 mile
2 min - 3.5 mph
5 min - 4.3 mph @ 0 incline
2 min - 3.5 mph
5 min - 4.3 mph 29:14 = 2 miles
2 min - 3.5 mph
5 min - 4.3 mph
2 min - 3.5 mph
1:57 - 4.3 mph 43:57 = 3 miles

It really just went great (minus the blisters)! No side pains or real problems with breathing. Even the first 20 minutes didn't totally suck.

Today, I also went downtown to a Cardinal's game 2 hours before it started. I managed to collect $91 towards my fundraising goal! It was a lot of fun (as fun as asking for donations can really be) so I'm going to try to head down there more often and for some weekday games too.

That's all for today's post. (My awesome Oklahoma friends were here over the weekend, so I skipped a training session, but I'll have it all made up and back on schedule soon. That is, until I go out of town again this weekend and miss group training.) But I think it's fairly obvious how much I've progressed for just a month ago! This is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment