Team in Training Infomation Video

Friday, June 5, 2009

June 3rd

Today, I went for a run with my pal, Lee, at Queeny Park. It's known for it's hills so Coach Rick suggested we all try to run it sometimes since San Francisco is very hilly. Lee and I went for the 2.56 mile loop. Hills were an understatement. I thought I was on more of a hiking trail than a running path! There were some steep inclines. But I managed to do pretty well, I think. The first 20 minutes of every run is always the absolute hardest. But once we got to more flat areas, I was able to jog for quite a bit. I started out with a jog 5 min walk 2 min pace and built up to about 8 min and walked up hills. I jogged probably most of the 2nd half of the whole trip. It was crazy and I was grateful to have a buddy keeping me motivated.

And thanks to all the folks who have made donations this week! I can't believe how much I've received and I'm so thankful! It's finally looking like I might actually reach my fundraising goal! I also got my bake sale at school set up for June 30th. A lot of my friends will be making the baked goods to sell. That's going to be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment