Team in Training Infomation Video

Saturday, April 4, 2009

April 4th - The Very Beginning (Intro)

It's official! I signed up for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. I've registered to run the half marathon (13.1 miles) on October 18, 2009 at the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. The catch: I've got to meet my personal goal of $4000 for the research and assistance to those affected by these blood cancers.

So, I'm starting this blog to chronicle my journey. So far, I've got my website up and going. I've written my story. I've sent out some emails. I've spammed a lot of people on Twitter. If this is the first time to my blog, please check out my TNT page:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/gat/nikesf09/calmon


I feel like I've taken on quite a challenge, especially while taking 33 credit hour of chiropractic college. This is going to be quite a feat, and this blog will be following all of the progress and fumbles along the way.

I'm so excited to get started! Here's what's coming up in my life:

April 10th - Surgery to remove screws in my right knee
April 17-23 : Final Exams for Tri 5
April 27: Jury Duty in St. Louis City
April 30: Flight of the Conchords concert @ the Fox
May 9th - Kickoff party (perfectly 4 weeks after my surgery so I should be able to start running again)
May 12th: Back to school

Well, here goes nothing! I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment